Since it was founded in 1860, the company of Louis-Ulysse Chopard has been producing its pocket watches and chronometers with nothing but fastidiousness. After the company moved to Geneva in 1920 it began to produce wrist watches too. When Karl Scheufele took over the Chopard company in 1963 and moved to Meyrin, Geneva in 1975, a further range of Chopard ladies’ and jewellery watches were added to its classic gentlemen models. Happy Diamonds, which was released in 1976, is known for its playful design of diamonds floating between sapphire crystals. Chopard also introduced the St. Moritz, which was the first luxury sports watch to feature a leather strap.